Dave & Sue

Dave & Sue
On The Job

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Gate House

Dick and Judy Mott



We have the second site on the right as you drive in.
     What a beautiful day we have this morning. The first thing I saw, when looking out our back window, was 2 deer crossing the blackened field. When they stopped running it was really difficult to see them. I tried to take a photo of them but they were too far away for my cheep camera to zoom in on them.

     Two days ago, while driving in from the camp ground area, I happened across 3 deer just 25 yards away on a down hill slope. Again I attempted to get a picture and by the time I got the batteries in the camera they had stepped into the cedar woods just far enough that I couldn’t see them. I followed the road which actually circles the area of woods that the deer walked into. I was about half way around when I glanced into my rear view mirror and saw the deer were kind of following me. I continued on to the front gate area knowing that it would be impossible to stop, turn around and take a picture. By the time I reached the gate our neighbor, Dick met me and we were standing around discussing the trash the workers from the “Burn” of the previous day had left and suddenly Dick blurted out, Look It There! Deer! I turned to look where he was pointing and sure enough, there were the 3 deer that I had seen only a few minutes ago. They evidently, being the very curios creatures they are, had followed me the half mile or so to the front gate area. How Fun!


     You got to love it in the country…..

No comments:

Post a Comment